Sign in with Apple ID
At Wallapop we have added the option to sign in with Apple ID. This requires an iOS 13 or higher operating system.
If you have a Wallapop account and want to sign in with your Apple ID, the email you enter in the Apple ID has to match the email associated with the Wallapop account. Please note: If they don't match, instead of logging in to your account, you will create a new one
To create a Wallapop account with your Apple ID, follow these steps:
- Open wallapop from your device.
- On the registration screen, tap "Continue with Apple".
- On the Wallapop prompt screen, read the information and tap "Continue".
- On the Apple ID screen, the name you have associated with your Apple ID appears, and the options to share or hide your email:
- Share my email: you will share your email with wallapop.
- Hide my email: you will not share your email with wallapop.
- Select one of the 2 options above and press "Continue".
- Confirm with Face ID, Touch ID or the device code. If you do not have Face ID, Touch ID or a passcode set up, enter your Apple ID password.
What happens if I hide my email
With the "Hide my email" feature, Apple allows you to sign up for third-party sites like Wallapop without sharing your email.
In that case, messages sent to that address will automatically be forwarded to the email address associated with your Apple ID.
Manage your Apple ID account
To modify or remove permission on your Apple ID account, you have 2 options:
- From your Apple device: go to Settings > Apple ID > Password & Security > Apps that use your Apple ID > Wallapop > Stop using Apple ID.
- From the Apple ID website: sign in with your account > Security section > apps and websites that use Apple ID > Manage...> Wallapop > Stop using Apple ID.
Possible problems and solutions
- I can't sign in from web or Android device: If you create an account with your Apple ID, you can only log in from Apple devices.
- I didn't share my email with Wallapop, and now I want to share it: You must go to your device settings, access the list of apps that use your Apple ID, and remove Wallapop from the list. Then open Wallapop, sign in with Apple and select the "Share my email" option.
- I want to stop signing in with my Apple ID: You must access your Apple ID settings and remove the permission. You will automatically be logged out of Wallapop on your Apple device.
- I am logged in with my Apple ID and my profile is empty. It can be due to two cases:
- Instead of logging in to your original account, you have created a new account, so it is empty of content. This is because the email address you entered when registering with your Apple ID does not match the one associated with your Wallapop account. To log in with your original account, log out and repeat the process, entering in your Apple ID the same email you have associated with the Wallapop account you want to access.
- If you already have a Wallapop account, click the "Continue with Apple" button and then select "Hide my email", the address that is created does not match the one you have on Wallapop. To recover your account you must remove the permission in the settings of your device and log in again by sharing the email with Wallapop.