Identity verification is required to transfer the money of the wallet to your bank account. You can perform the verification from the application or from the website.
This verification is requested from sellers when transfering their sales to their bank account. It is mandatory but should only be done once. Wallapop does not store the documents in its data base, it only acts as an intermediary for the validation of the documents with the company responsible for processing the payments.
This is a process governed by the EU's 4th anti-money laundering directive. This regulation requires the identification of all users who make online sales and our payment platform Mangopay requests it. For more information you can consult this link.
Here’s a video with more information: https://youtu.be/SKRVP8IFJv4
When you want to transfer the money to your bank account, you have to access the section "Wallet" in our app or web, there you will find the button "Transfer to my bank account". If you haven't verified your identity the button will be disabled and there will be a message to verify your identity.
The validation process consists of the following steps:
- Check if you have the app up-to-date:
- Go to the App Store (if your device is iOS) or Google Play (if your device is Android) and see if you have the latest version.
- If you don’t have it, update the app.
- Add your ID to validate that you are the bank account owner. Depending on your nationality you must attach a particular type of document (ID, passport, residence permit or driver's license). Take into account that the document must be up to date when validating it.
- Validate the two-step verification via e-mail. For more information about this process check: Two-step verification on Wallapop.
- Take photos of the document (in some cases on both sides) and upload them to the app.
- The validation process begins at this point. This process can take 24 business hours. You'll see how the process goes in the app.
- Once your identity is verified, you will be able to add your bank account and make the transfer.
Have more questions?