New feature available!
We inform you that the opening will be gradually, so we recommend you to have the app always updated in order to be able to enjoy it as soon as possible.
We have added the option to initiate in person purchases through Wallapop by paying the product in advance. With this option:
- Buyers will be able to reserve the item for them and make sure no other user can buy it.
- Sellers can be more confident that the buyer has a purchase intention.
- Both users will feel more safe because the money is protected by Wallapop and the full transaction can be easily tracked in Wallapop.
How does it work?
- The buyer makes the purchase through the Wallapop app or web choosing the "In person" > "Pay before meeting" method.
- The seller accepts the purchase.
- Before or after making the purchase both users have to agree on where and when to meet to make the exchange.
- At the moment of the meeting, once they are face to face, the buyer has to access the "Purchases" > "On going" section > “Confirm delivery” and the QR code will be generated.
- The seller has to scan the QR code to receive the money in the wallet.
What steps do I have to follow to buy the product?
- When you have found the product you want to buy, click on "Buy" and select the option "In person".
- You will see a new screen where you can select the option "Pay before meeting".
- In the next screen you will be able to decide the payment method, with the wallet, with a bank card or with a mixed payment.
- After choosing the payment method you will see a summary of your purchase and by clicking "Pay" will complete the payment.
- Once the seller has accepted the purchase, your money is safe until you confirm the reception of the product.
Please note that depending on the payment method there may be additional costs.
What if we don't want to proceed with the purchase once confirmed?
You can access the transaction through the chat or the section “Purchases”/"Sales" > “On going” and click on "Cancel purchase". You will have to confirm the cancellation and the refund will be made to the payment method used. For more information about refunds, please refer to: When do I receive a refund.