With Wallapop you can pay in person from the app. Keep in mind that the QR code is to be used when you are face to face with the seller and you should not be shared before the meeting.
We recommend this option because this way the entire transaction process is registered in Wallapop, you do not have to carry cash and you do not have to share your personal data.
When you pay in person you can use different payment methods:
- Bank card. In case you don't have a card you must register it before making the payment. You can also edit the card.
- Mixed payment. In case you don't have enough money in your wallet you can make a mixed payment with your card.
How do I pay in person on Wallapop?
- When you are with the seller, access the product you want to buy and click on the "Buy" button, a new screen will open where you can select how to pay, in person or by shipping. Select the option "In person".
- Then click on "Pay" and there you will be able to confirm the amount you have agreed with the seller for the product.
- n the next screen you will be able to decide how you want to pay, with the wallet, with a bank card or with a mixed payment. Please note that the wallet payment is free of charge and that the card or mixed payment has an additional cost for payment processing.
After choosing the payment method you will see a summary of your purchase and clicking "Continue" will open the QR code to make the payment. You must show the code to the seller to scan it and receive the money in your wallet.
Please note that the QR code is valid for 5 minutes. If after this time the payment has not been completed, the code will expire and a new one must be generated to finalize the sale.
We recommend that before paying you check the product and its condition, in these cases Wallapop can't mediate and there is no option to claim if the product is defective or different from the one offered.
If you are the seller and you want more information about how to cash in person using the wallet you can consult this article: Collect money face-to-face with the wallet
Have more questions?